Campus U Card Access

The UMD campus is moving to U Card access. U Card access is the standard for all University of Minnesota campuses to enter secured areas.

Facilities Management will communicate with departments in each building, prior to changing systems, to ensure the transition goes smoothly.

All faculty, staff, and students will need a Vertical U Card. If your U Card is not, please contact the U Card Office. You are eligible to receive a free replacement U Card every 5 years.

If you have any problems with your U Card access, please contact UMD Facilities Management, 218-726-8262.

Picture of a UCard

  Vertical U Card