SERVICES FUNDED BY UNIVERSITY FACILITIES GENERAL OPERATING BUDGET:
Facilities Management (FM) receives a budget allocation each year to maintain and operate facilities which are directly related to the educational, research and service mission of the University of Minnesota, Duluth.
Building maintenance and repair is the responsibility of Facilities Management. Our goal is to maintain buildings and equipment for educational purposes on campus.
FM provides the following services, to supported spaces, at no charge:
- Building Maintenance
- Campus Mail
- Custodial Services - for detailed services, please review the UMD Task Summary.
- Landscape and Grounds Maintenance
- Utilities Distribution and Maintenance
SERVICES CHARGEABLE TO REQUESTING DEPARTMENTS:
Programs not legislatively supported pay for all direct costs. Departments supported by the tuition fund and legislative appropriations (such as academic/administrative departments) are billed for:
- Elective maintenance.
- Repair work to specialized laboratory or program specific equipment.
- Maintenance and repair of departmentally-owned equipment.
- Building of/or repairs to office furniture and computer tables, etc.
- Special events requiring the services of Facilities Management personnel and/or equipment.
A work request form is required for the above services and should be submitted, at least 10 days, prior to the date the service is needed. For service or billing questions, please call 218-726-8262 or email [email protected].