Key Shop & Card Access
Greetings from the UMD Key Shop. Our primary job is to respond, in a timely manner, to customer needs and to provide the best on-site service available. To order keys and card access, please visit the appropriate form/link below. Many questions can be answered in our FAQ PDF. If the answer to your question is not on this page, please contact us at [email protected].
Key Shop Online Ordering Forms
- Report Lost or Stolen Keys/Prox Cards/FOBs
- New Key/Card
- Replacement Card
- Change Card Access
- Terminate Card
- Card Access for Special Events
Who can request keys?
- Faculty, Principal Investigators, and their delegates who have assigned space in a building.
- Directors, managers and supervisors of facilities and educational areas with in a building.
Please allow up to 72 hours (1-3 business days) for the request to be processed.
When keys are ready, you will receive email notification. Keys can be picked up in the UMD Mailroom.
Lost or stolen keys
- Immediately report lost or stolen keys.
- If a re-core is necessary for security purposes fees will be assessed back to department.
- Lost and unreturned keys will be assessed back to the department.
- ALL lost UMD keys must be reported to campus police and the UMD Key Shop. If keys are lost or not returned, the cost of additional keys and/or re-core will be charged to a departmental EFS.
- Please return all keys to the UMD Mailroom or Facilities Management Office in Darland.
- Please be sure to include your name, UMD ID, and email address.